Friday, April 14, 2017

Five on Friday

Didn't make it to Five on Friday last week, but hopefully I get this one in.  Busy week in the garden trying to get everything planted, should finish up today or tomorrow, just in time for Easter.  I've been posting plant pictures all week, so for a change I thought I'd post some of our photos from our trip to Japan.
On one of our last days there our daughter took us to the Cherry blossom festival in her local park, the Ohari.    Opening the festival was a Samauri parade through the streets of town with samurai, children in costume and the mayor of Fukuoka in costume on a horse, it was really a sight to see.
In the park there were not a lot of cherry blossoms, they were late this year, but it's a beautiful park and there were tons of food stalls so the whole place smelled heavenly.
So my Five are:  the Samauri parade, the cherry blossoms, the food stall, a drum and flute group and a Torii and lantern staircase at a local Shinto shrine.

The mayor is on the brown horse
















Do join the other Friday bloggers at Fast Blog





15 comments:

  1. How nice to see these pictures of Japan! What a wonderful purple outfit the girl drummer is wearing. I sometimes wonder how those samurai managed to fight at all in those amazing outfits, don't you? Have a great Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful to see the photos of the Cherry Blossom Festival, it looks like a very colourful event. Hope you have a lovely Easter weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful pictures. Loved seeing and hearing about your trip. You're not going to believe this, but the guy in the second picture on the light colored horse looks like the identical twin of my dear deceased step-father who was born in Montana to immigrant Japanese parents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cool pictures! That girl drummer is quite striking. I really like their uniforms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a fun five! I enjoyed the pictures. I've caught up with your gardening pictures. Wow! You have got a lot done. It will really be pretty when everything grows and fills in. I got most of the veg garden panted yesterday and put some lily bulbs around the bird bath.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing costumed participants! Love the Samurai! I bet it was all so exciting to see in person!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos! The cherry blossoms blooming is surely the time to celebrate! Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for showing more photos of Japan. I really do wish I could have gone there. Happy Easter to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a shame that the blossom's late this year, I bet it's stunning when the trees are dripping with flowers. Glad you got to the festival though, I'm sure it was a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely pictures and how great to be able to experience the Blossom Festival. I have read about it before and would love to see it. Happy Easter and have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Always interesting seeing photos of places I don't know at all, and different customs too. Thanks for your comment on my blog x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely to have been there at cherry blossom time for which Japan is so well known - our cherry and fruit blossoms are very early this year

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely to see these photo's.
    The Cherry Blossom looks so good.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolutely LOVE the traditional Japanese regalia, what fantastic photos!
    Thanks for joining in this week with Five on Friday, hope you had a great Bank Holiday Weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

                               GODZILLA KING OF THE MONSTERS Anyone who blogged with Janet knew she was a huge livelong fan of ...